The Minnow Would Be Lost!Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale; a tale of a fateful trip......Ahh, come on. You know the rest! Join me at Malibu Lagoon and we will play that broken record together.
Castaways at Malibu Lagoon
When your passengers and crew become castaways at Malibu Lagoon, they certainly won't be without luxury.
This state park, which is part of the Santa Monica Mountains National Recreation Area, is full of family-friendly activities for your Connected Family Fun, LA; Malibu Lagoon adventure.
Let's Dive In For......
- Guided tours of the remarkable Ballona Wetlands Ecological Reserve. http://www.santamonicabay.org/explore/wetlands-rivers-streams/malibu-lagoon/
- Picnic tables and a nature area west of Malibu Creek Bridge. http://www.lamountains.com/parks.asp?parkid=154
- Flower gardens and native plants. https://www.outdoorproject.com/adventures/california/beaches/malibu-lagoon-state-beach-surfrider-beach
- A sandy beach for swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving. https://local.yahoo.com/info-212926179-malibu-lagoon-state-beach-malibu?stx=malibu%20lagoon%20beach&csz=Brea,%20CA%2092821&fr=lsrp
- A premier surfing/windsurfing beach, Surfrider Beach. http://beaches.lacounty.gov/malibu-surfrider-beach/, adjacent to the Malibu Lagoon.
- Over 200 species of birds for the avid bird watchers https://www.birdwatchingdaily.com/hotspots/64-malibu-lagoon-state-beach-malibu-california/ including Snowy Plovers that nest on the beach. http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-ln-snowy-plovers-20170508-story.html
- Tidepools for curious eyes and eyes only! http://redtri.com/los-angeles/malibu-lagoon-state-beach/
- Hiking trails galore. https://modernhiker.com/hike/hiking-malibu-lagoon-state-beach/.
- Saltwater fishing off Malibu Pier. http://malibupier.com/sport-fishing/
The Adamson House:The Adamson House is a destination all by itself and is a fun addition to your family's staycation. You can learn all about the history of this Malibu Lagoon treasure by visiting the official website: http://www.adamsonhouse.org/main.php I suggest taking the time with your children to casually stroll around the outside of the home. The garden areas outside are dotted with information signs, enlightening visitors to tidbits of history and quaint stories. To connect with your little ones, encourage them to read the signs to you. As a parent, this gives you a great opportunity to build up your child's self-confidence in reading out loud. As someone who is severely dyslexic and struggled with reading growing up, reading out loud was a nightmare. I wish I had been encouraged to practice doing so more as a child. Reading these self-guided tour signs is a beautiful opportunity to praise and encourage your child, which will help to fill your trust bank. Check out my blog describing my adventure to Topanga Canyon to learn more about your trust bank with your child. Building trust builds connections!
Countdown to School:Since I have touched on academic life, I have a few suggestions to help children feel confident and connected to parents and family as they head back to school. In many families, saying goodbye can trigger all sorts of unhappiness and anxiety. For families with foster or adopted children, saying goodbye can be even more difficult, due to traumatic separations in the past.
- PRACTICE GOODBYES:
You can practice saying goodbye while you are on your Connected Family Fun; Malibu Lagoon adventure. Tell your little ones that you are going to practice saying goodbye to get ready for the first day of school. As you move from sign to sign at the Adamson House, develop a goodbye routine that you can repeat on school days. It may start with a hug saying something like, " I love you so much and I know you love me. Have a wonderful day and I will see you at 3:00."