You are invited to review my professional Credentials. I have over 20 years experience working as a Clinical Social Worker in child welfare. I am licensed to practice psychotherapy in the state of California with the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Over the years, I have been passionate about keeping children connected to and in their families in multiple settings, including residential treatment, group homes, foster care, adoption, out-patient clinics, and private practice. I have focused my training and experience on building strong family identities and healthy family cultures.
Certifications and Affiliations:
- 2018-SENG certified provider (Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted).
- 1992-Member NASW (National Association of Social Workers).
- 1994-Diplomate in Clinical Social Work (DCSW).
Professional Studies and Licensure:
- 1992 ~ LCSW ~ Licensed Clinical Social Worker (CA License # LCS16129)
- 1989 ~ MSW ~ Master’s Degree in Social Work, University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, California
- 1982 ~BA ~ Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology, Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Relevant Professional Trainings:
This list of Relevant Professional Trainings highlights the conferences and seminars that reflect the passion I have for my work with children and families. I have a subspecialty in Post-Adoption Family Therapy and I am a certified Parent Support Group Facilitator and certified professional provider for SENG. I practice from a Family Trauma Therapy perspective.
The seminars listed below are just a small sample of the ones I have completed. A full accounting would be too numerous to list here. Above all, I am a lifetime learner and value new contributions to my field. I regularly consult with my colleagues to ensure I follow best practices in clinical social work.
I would love to talk to you more about my clinical credentials, training, and experience.
- Childhood Depression
- The Defiant, Chaotic Child and Adolescent
- Anger Control Made Easy
- Psychological and Neurological Effects of Anxiety
- Fundamentals of Trauma Processing
- Sensory Integration in Children
- Executive Dysfunction: The Disorganized, Defiant, Chaotic Child and Adolescent
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Intensive
- Comprehensive Training Program on Child Sexual Abuse, Children’s Institute International
- Treatment of Sexually Abused and Traumatized Clients
- Comprehensive Approach to the Care of Gender Non-Conforming Children, Transgender Youth, and Young Adults
- Intensive Adoption Clinical Training
- Empower to Connect: Trust-Based Parenting
- SENG (Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted) Certified Provider
I am currently bringing my high quality In-Home Family Therapy sessions ONLINE throughout California. My In-Home sessions will resume when it is safe to do so. Serving Arcadia, CA, Pasadena, CA and the surrounding communities.
Call Abby for a Free 20-Minute Consultation: