You are invited to review my professional Credentials. I have over 20 years experience working as a Clinical Social Worker in child welfare. I am licensed to practice psychotherapy in the state of California with the Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Over the years, I have been passionate about keeping children connected to and in their families in multiple settings, including residential treatment, group homes, foster care, adoption, out-patient clinics, and private practice. I have focused my training and experience on building strong family identities and healthy family cultures.
Certifications and Affiliations:
- 2018-SENG certified provider (Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted).
- 1992-Member NASW (National Association of Social Workers).
- 1994-Diplomate in Clinical Social Work (DCSW).
Professional Studies and Licensure:
- 1992 ~ LCSW ~ Licensed Clinical Social Worker (CA License # LCS16129)
- 1989 ~ MSW ~ Master’s Degree in Social Work, University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles, California
- 1982 ~BA ~ Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology, Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude, Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Relevant Professional Trainings:
This list of Relevant Professional Trainings highlights the conferences and seminars that reflect the passion I have for my work with children and families. I have a subspecialty in Post-Adoption Family Therapy and I am a certified Parent Support Group Facilitator and certified professional provider for SENG. I practice from a Family Trauma Therapy perspective.
The seminars listed below are just a small sample of the ones I have completed. A full accounting would be too numerous to list here. Above all, I am a lifetime learner and value new contributions to my field. I regularly consult with my colleagues to ensure I follow best practices in clinical social work.
I would love to talk to you more about my clinical credentials, training, and experience.
- Childhood Depression
- The Defiant, Chaotic Child and Adolescent
- Anger Control Made Easy
- Psychological and Neurological Effects of Anxiety
- Fundamentals of Trauma Processing
- Sensory Integration in Children
- Executive Dysfunction: The Disorganized, Defiant, Chaotic Child and Adolescent
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Intensive
- Comprehensive Training Program on Child Sexual Abuse, Children’s Institute International
- Treatment of Sexually Abused and Traumatized Clients
- Comprehensive Approach to the Care of Gender Non-Conforming Children, Transgender Youth, and Young Adults
- Intensive Adoption Clinical Training
- Empower to Connect: Trust-Based Parenting
- SENG (Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted) Certified Provider
I am currently bringing my high quality In-Home Family Therapy sessions ONLINE throughout California. My In-Home sessions will resume when it is safe to do so. Serving Arcadia, CA, Pasadena, CA and the surrounding communities.
“Abby is an incredibly knowledgeable, kind therapist who is dedicated to the success of her clients. I highly recommend her to any family seeking support in California.”
Call Abby for a Free 20-Minute Consultation: